GOOD to GREAT!!!
What holds a company back from being "GREAT"? Wouldn't you want to excel to the reputations as a "Great" company? Or a "Great" team/ department? At times companies find that they need some fine tuning. This fine tuning can either be a large tuning or a little adjustment that can occur with training or team building. All too often there is a negative attitude/ culture that finds their way flowing through out an organization.
Functional Solutions (FS) Good to Great (GTG) program is a program that we tailor to your company’s specific needs; you are in control of services and the direction of the program. This is only brief introduction of what GTG might look like. The exact details can only be completed with your involvement. We would be more than happy to meet with you to see if what we do and offer is a fit for your company as a free consultation.
The two most important elements in cultural change or improvement of an organization are executive support and training! So upper management must be at the head of this undertaking; thus where GTG begins. Stephen Covey says, “Begin with the end in mind”. Depending on what the end is that upper management desires, the following is a list of some tools we use with upper management to provide a structure for the beginning:
· Perceived SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats) for the focus group.
· Completion of a Culture Walk questionnaire
· Define what you want the culture to look like to support success
o The vision for your organization’s future and what cultural changes need to be made to support this vision
Throughout this venture we may suggest to upper management it may also find it beneficial to:
· Review organizational structure
· Review means of communication
· Redesign your approach to rewards and recognition
· Review all work systems
· Review development of roles and responsibilities
Once a vision is established for what the desired culture is to look like, a team or department is normally chosen by upper management to start on a journey of cultural change or improvement. It is our belief that individuals will make a conscious choice to embrace the desired cultural change and make it personal and permanent. Most people do not desire to work in, remain in, a negative environment, and would like to be a significant part of the mechanism of change. The instruments may include, but not be limited to:
· Use of SWOT tool
· Measurement tools (initial, during, final)
· Facilitated group focused conversations
· Reading assignments
· Trainings – topics agreed to by upper management as the group asks for more information on certain topics
· Telephone and email access to FS is open for participants and upper management 10 hours a day during the normal work week to discuss anything relevant to our efforts with your organization
The scope of these methods to be determined in the initial meeting with upper management and as deemed necessary throughout the program.